Jetty4

Vishal Rameshchandra Biyani

Hi We are trying to connect to MQServer using TEMOM API (Adapters provided by Tieto Enator), for this we have an application based on cocoon framework(v 2.0.4) which is deployed in Jetty server (v 4.1.4). Now there are 2 things:

1)       This combination is running fine on Linux ( Redhat9 ), but not able to connect the same on HP-Unix. Are there any known issues of jetty4 compatibility with HP-Unix? The environment on both Linux and HP-UNIX are same.

2)       Even on HP-UNIX platform we are able to make a connection to MQ server through a stand alone test class which is being run on xommand line, but same code with same environment not working through jetty4 server!

Thanks & Regards,

Vishal Biyani

Software Engineer,

PLM and Engg. solutions

Infosys Technologies Ltd.

O: +91 821 527 4122

M: +91 9886 418 424

Re: Jetty4

Martin Roos
Hi Rameshchandra, at first i have to note down that some of your mentioned codenames look
quite cryptic to me (and i suppose to some other people here too), so if you enlighten us
what they mean, we may be a bit more heplful :)

Jetty is written in java and doesn't really have a clue what the platform under it is or
what it does. What java versions are you using on the machines, what kind of sockets does
your framework use to connect to the server (regular tcp/ip sockets, ssl sockets, udp
sockets ?). Double check and triple check all addresses that you provide for the
connections cause an easy mistake like a leading zero in an ip address has always caused a
lot of trouble.

If it really is all the same, then check your classpath inside jetty for class collisions,
if out of the jetty and in the jetty tests differ with the same parameters, it can't
really be anywhere else. sometimes your frameworks might have problems with jetty logging
system (1 failing classcast is enough to break your whole api). check that you dont have
class/jar collisions.

Jetty doesn't have a clue if it's running on hp-unix or redhat, you must have some kind of
collision or a configuration error (or the hp-unix jvm is hopelessy broken which i dont
believe should be the case).

Martin

Vishal Rameshchandra Biyani wrote:

> Hi We are trying to connect to MQServer using TEMOM API (Adapters
> provided by Tieto Enator), for this we have an application based on
> cocoon framework(v 2.0.4) which is deployed in Jetty server (v 4.1.4).
> Now there are 2 things:
>
> 1)       This combination is running fine on Linux ( Redhat9 ), but not
> able to connect the same on HP-Unix. Are there any known issues of
> jetty4 compatibility with HP-Unix? The environment on both Linux and
> HP-UNIX are same.
>
> 2)       Even on HP-UNIX platform we are able to make a connection to MQ
> server through a stand alone test class which is being run on xommand
> line, but same code with same environment not working through jetty4 server!
>

> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Vishal Biyani
>
> Software Engineer,
>
> PLM and Engg. solutions
>
> Infosys Technologies Ltd.
>
> O: +91 821 527 4122
>
> M: +91 9886 418 424

Re: Jetty4

There are no known problems with HP-Unix and Jetty.

How does the attemtp to connect to MQ fail when running in Jetty?
Is there an exception? Is there any debug that TEMOM can provide?

My guess is that there is a classpath issue or TEMOM cannot
find some needed configuration.

Where are the TEMOM class files and jars?  in a WEB-INF/lib or on the
jetty classpath?

regards