Jetty support for SSL level 3

Suresh Bathini

Does anyone know what SSL level Jetty 4.2.21 supports?

Thanks

Re: Jetty support for SSL level 3

Chris Haynes
The SSL which Jetty uses is that provided by the JVM.

I've not heard of SSL having 'levels' before.

There are 'versions' of the Netscape spec. (current is 3).

Or are you referring to FIPS 140-1 Level 3 certified hardware-assist for SSL?

Chris Haynes

 Suresh Bathini  asked:

>Does anyone know what SSL level Jetty 4.2.21 supports?
>
>Thanks

RE: Jetty support for SSL level 3

Suresh Bathini
Actually I figured it out. Jetty SSL support piggy backs on the JSSE
reference implementation provided by Sun. Jetty bundles with JSSE that
supports SSL v3/level 3. SSL level 3 enables both client and server side
authentication.