[Jetty-support] Jetty Exception

Tony Thompson
I am using Jetty 5.1.12 and I have 2 situations where I am getting an HTTP 500 response from Jetty but I can't figure out where it is coming from.  In both cases it happens when I post content to a JSP.  I have tried to turn on debug for about everything I could find in the Jetty logging but I never get a stack trace anywhere when the 500 error is sent back to the client.  Can anyone suggest where I might look in the Jetty code for a 500 error to be thrown back to the client by Jetty but maybe an exception happened and is not being displayed?

From what I can tell in both cases, the request never gets to my JSP because I can catch everything in there and I never get a stack trace either.  So, it appears something in Jetty has issues but I can't track it down.

Thanks.
Tony

may be monitored.

Re: [Jetty-support] Jetty Exception

jan_bartel
Tony,

Have you tried setting up the logVerbosityLevel for jasper in webdefault.xml:

<!--   logVerbosityLevel   The level of detailed messages to be produced  -->
<!--                       by this servlet.  Increasing levels cause the  -->
<!--                       generation of more messages.  Valid values are -->
<!--                       FATAL, ERROR, WARNING, INFORMATION, and DEBUG. -->
<!--                       [WARNING]                                      -->

Maybe try installing a filter in front of the jsps, and catch any exception
thrown?

Tony Thompson wrote:

> I am using Jetty 5.1.12 and I have 2 situations where I am getting an
> HTTP 500 response from Jetty but I can't figure out where it is coming
> from.  In both cases it happens when I post content to a JSP.  I have
> tried to turn on debug for about everything I could find in the Jetty
> logging but I never get a stack trace anywhere when the 500 error is
> sent back to the client.  Can anyone suggest where I might look in the
> Jetty code for a 500 error to be thrown back to the client by Jetty but
> maybe an exception happened and is not being displayed?
>
> From what I can tell in both cases, the request never gets to my JSP
> because I can catch everything in there and I never get a stack trace
> either.  So, it appears something in Jetty has issues but I can't track
> it down.
>
> Thanks.
> Tony
>
> This message (and any associated files) is intended only for the
> use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may
> contain information that is confidential, subject to copyright or
> constitutes a trade secret. If you are not the intended recipient
> you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copying or
> distribution of this message, or files associated with this message,
> is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error,
> please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting
> it from your computer. Messages sent to and from Stoneware, Inc.
> may be monitored.

Re: [Jetty-support] Jetty Exception

Tony Thompson
Yeah, I have tried turning on all of the Jasper logging I can find as
well. I may try the filter route because I am running out of options.

Have you tried setting up the logVerbosityLevel for jasper in
webdefault.xml:

<!--   logVerbosityLevel   The level of detailed messages to be produced
-->

Tony Thompson wrote:
> I am using Jetty 5.1.12 and I have 2 situations where I am getting an
> HTTP 500 response from Jetty but I can't figure out where it is coming

> from.  In both cases it happens when I post content to a JSP.  I have
> tried to turn on debug for about everything I could find in the Jetty
> logging but I never get a stack trace anywhere when the 500 error is
> sent back to the client.  Can anyone suggest where I might look in the

> Jetty code for a 500 error to be thrown back to the client by Jetty
> but maybe an exception happened and is not being displayed?
>
> From what I can tell in both cases, the request never gets to my JSP
> because I can catch everything in there and I never get a stack trace
> either.  So, it appears something in Jetty has issues but I can't
> track it down.
>
> Thanks.
> Tony
>
> This message (and any associated files) is intended only for the use
> of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
> information that is confidential, subject to copyright or constitutes
> a trade secret. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby
> notified that any dissemination, copying or distribution of this
> message, or files associated with this message, is strictly
> prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify
> us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your
> computer. Messages sent to and from Stoneware, Inc.
> may be monitored.

> --- Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of IT Join
> SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share
> your opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys - and earn

> cash
> http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEV
> DEV

may be monitored.