[Jetty-support] Cookies with Jetty 5

Tony Thompson
I am having an issue with Jetty parsing a cookie that is being sent to an application.  This is the value of the cookie:

%c2%a8%c3%acR%13%7b%e2%82%acX%c3%9a%c3%9b%3d%22%cb%9c%c3%ae3r%c3%b5%c3%8d%c5%bd'%c2%b8%e2%82%ac%1f%e2%84%a2P

If you go through that mess, you will see there is a single quote ( ' ) in the string that is not encoded.  This is causing Jetty to return the value of that cookie as that string plus the name and value of any cookies in the Cookie: header after this string.  So, basically, the application does not see any cookies that show up after the single quote.  I couldn't find anything in the RFC that forbids a single quote in the cookie value so, I was hoping someone here could tell me if this is an issue that should be fixed in Jetty or if this an issue with the application not encoding that properly.

Thanks.
Tony

may be monitored.