Jetty running on 27MB.

mjabbas
Dear Jetty-Users,
I'm developing a SOAP Agent that uses a client/server model. Im using
Jetty Server as my server and Apache Axis as my SOAP Engine. The
requirement is to have the agent as small as possible. The
application is already finished and is running a whopping 27MB
(measured at startup).

Any advice on how can reduce this to say less than 5MB, bear in mind
that Ive had no previous experience with Apache Axis or Jetty.

With Thanks,

MJ

P.S. Good work on Jetty. Its an amazing product.

Re: Jetty running on 27MB.

Greg Wilkins-5

Firstly most of that 27MB may well be your JVM - which normally eats
quiet a few MBs running just a hello world program.

In the resources section of the jetty web site, there is a tuning Jetty
document which will help you reduce the memory foot print.

You want to:

  + reduce the heap size of your JVM.
  + potentially reduce the stack size of each thread.
  + reduce the min and probably max threads in your jetty listeners
  + maybe reduce the buffer size of your jetty listeners.
  + maybe try using the SocketChannelListener....  but do not do so if
    throughput is important.

cheers