Jetty dependency on servlet API 2.5

Guillaume Bozon - Sun Microsystems
Hi All,

I hope this is the correct alias to ask this.

I'm currently using Maven to pull the jetty binaries and I noticed that Jetty declares a dependency on javax.servlet API 2.5 located inside its own group ID (org.mortbay.jetty)

My question is: why not using the default servlet API available under the group ID javax.servlet ?

Is there a reason why Jetty provides the servlet API library?

thanks in advance,

--

Guillaume Bozon
Cacao Engineering Team

Sun Microsystems France
Phone x38018 /+33 (0)4 76 18 80 18
Email [hidden email]

Re: Jetty dependency on servlet API 2.5

jan_bartel
Hi Guillaume,

We tried using the servlet 2.5 jars from Sun from the maven repo,
however, they have been compiled under jdk1.5, and jetty supports
jdk1.4, so we had to back out that change.

Guillaume Bozon - Sun Microsystems wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I hope this is the correct alias to ask this.
>
> I'm currently using Maven to pull the jetty binaries and I noticed that
> Jetty declares a dependency on javax.servlet API 2.5 located inside its
> own group ID (org.mortbay.jetty)
>
> My question is: why not using the default servlet API available under
> the group ID javax.servlet ?
>
> Is there a reason why Jetty provides the servlet API library?
>
> thanks in advance,
>
> --
>
> <http://www.sun.com> * Guillaume Bozon *
> Cacao Engineering Team
>
> *Sun Microsystems France*
> Phone x38018 /+33 (0)4 76 18 80 18
> Email [hidden email]

Re: Jetty dependency on servlet API 2.5

Srgjan Srepfler-2
Jan Bartel wrote:

> Hi Guillaume,
>
> We tried using the servlet 2.5 jars from Sun from the maven repo,
> however, they have been compiled under jdk1.5, and jetty supports
> jdk1.4, so we had to back out that change.
>
> cheers
> Jan
>
> Guillaume Bozon - Sun Microsystems wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I hope this is the correct alias to ask this.
>>
>> I'm currently using Maven to pull the jetty binaries and I noticed that
>> Jetty declares a dependency on javax.servlet API 2.5 located inside its
>> own group ID (org.mortbay.jetty)
>>
>> My question is: why not using the default servlet API available under
>> the group ID javax.servlet ?
>>
>> Is there a reason why Jetty provides the servlet API library?
>>
>> thanks in advance,
>>
>> --
>>
>> <http://www.sun.com> * Guillaume Bozon *
>> Cacao Engineering Team
>>
>> *Sun Microsystems France*
>> Phone x38018 /+33 (0)4 76 18 80 18
>> Email [hidden email]

>> Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share your
>> opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys-and earn cash

Why not use something like retroweaver/retrotranslator?

Srgjan