Jetty as file server

John Slave
I have to use jetty as a file server. I need to put in a context only a
file and not the entire directory but i can't do it! Is it possible? How
do i have to proceed?

Yours faithfully
John Slave

Re: Jetty as file server

Steve Sobol
On Fri, 7 Oct 2005, John Slave wrote:

> I have to use jetty as a file server. I need to put in a context only a
> file and not the entire directory but i can't do it! Is it possible? How
> do i have to proceed?

By "file server" -- what do you mean, that people are going to hop on a
website and grab files off a site served by Jetty? Can you give more
detail about what you're trying to do?

--
Steve Sobol, Professional Geek   888-480-4638   PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
Company website: http://JustThe.net/

Re: Jetty as file server

John Slave
I am trying to build a server that serves only files that i add manually...build an embedded
file server like for example minishare (Description: a quick and easy way to share files dependless of if
you have web hosting or not. The files you share are located on your computer and can be accessed by anyone
using their web browser). I reach a similar behaviour with jetty setting context to "/" and resourceBase to the directory
in which the file is contained. However this solution shares other files in the directory too...i would like a solution to serve
only a file and not the entire directory.

Yours faithfully
John Slave

By "file server" -- what do you mean, that people are going to hop on a
website and grab files off a site served by Jetty? Can you give more
detail about what you're trying to do?

--
Steve Sobol, Professional Geek   888-480-4638   PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
Company website: http://JustThe.net/
E: sjsobol <at> JustThe.net Snail: 22674 Motnocab Road, Apple Valley, CA 92307

Re: Re: Jetty as file server

Chris Haynes
Hi John,

You are still not telling us enough about your requirement. How are you deciding
which file(s) people can see?  Is it dependent on who the person is?  Is it
dependent on time of day?  What?  Otherwise I don't understand why you don't
just move the 'invisible' files out of the directory.

Chris Haynes