Jetty appears to loose

KITCHENER,Jeff
Jetty appears to loose

I am using Jetty to host a servlet. The user will specify which period they want by clicking a button. The servlet will produce a RRDGraph (png file) based on the time period specified by the button. The buttons give current hour, previous hour, current day, previous day etc..

When you first start Jetty up all works perfectly, but as each of these periods pass by the servlet stops producing the graphs. If you restart Jetty then all is ok again.

The png files have the current timestamp append to them so the page will refresh with updated files.

Does Jetty have a form of caching, or timeout  that may cause this?

Thanks for your help,
Jeff

Re: Jetty appears to loose

jan_bartel
Jeff,

Can you please post your version of Jetty, platform, JDK and any log
traces (with the debug turned on). I doubt it is Jetty, more likely it
could be whatever software is producing the png file. Does Jetty still
respond to other requests when this happens?

KITCHENER,Jeff wrote:

> I am using Jetty to host a servlet. The user will specify which period
> they want by clicking a button. The servlet will produce a RRDGraph (png
> file) based on the time period specified by the button. The buttons give
> current hour, previous hour, current day, previous day etc..
>
> When you first start Jetty up all works perfectly, but as each of these
> periods pass by the servlet stops producing the graphs. If you restart
> Jetty then all is ok again.
>
> The png files have the current timestamp append to them so the page will
> refresh with updated files.
>
> Does Jetty have a form of caching, or timeout  that may cause this?
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Jeff

Re: Jetty appears to loose

KITCHENER,Jeff
Jan,
Thanks for the reply!
Your right it was not Jetty, it was the way the RRD was being accessed.
If I run Jetty embedded then I can share the RRD through common classes.
In a separate JVM for some reason it doesn't get the updates to the RRD.
Thanks Jeff

KITCHENER,Jeff wrote:
> I am using Jetty to host a servlet. The user will specify which period
> they want by clicking a button. The servlet will produce a RRDGraph
(png
> file) based on the time period specified by the button. The buttons
give
> current hour, previous hour, current day, previous day etc..
>
> When you first start Jetty up all works perfectly, but as each of
> these
> periods pass by the servlet stops producing the graphs. If you restart

> Jetty then all is ok again.
>
> The png files have the current timestamp append to them so the page
> will
> refresh with updated files.
>
> Does Jetty have a form of caching, or timeout  that may cause this?
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Jeff

Notice:
The information contained in this e-mail message and any attached files may
be confidential information, and may also be the subject of legal
professional privilege.  If you are not the intended recipient any use,
disclosure or copying of this e-mail is unauthorised.  If you have received
this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail
and delete all copies of this transmission together with any attachments.