Jetty ProxyServlet Retry feature

Parvathy Unnikrishnan
Hello,

I have query regarding retry options while using jetty ProxyServlet (async).

I have added a retry mechanism based on OnResponseFailure event.
  • If proxying fails and it invokes onResponsefailure. There I submit a new request to the AyncContext using HttpClient.newRequest.
  • It has further capabilities like number of retries etc.
  • This works for retries with out any wait period.
What i am looking for is there any cleaner way to achieve retry that jetty offers.  The issue with the above logic is as it is in async mode, i cannot set a wait period and try it again after an interval like in usual retry features.

Parvathy.

Re: Jetty ProxyServlet Retry feature

Joakim Erdfelt-8
I don't think it's the proxy's responsibility to handle retry.
That's typically something that the incoming client is responsible for.

Joakim Erdfelt / [hidden email]