Jetty JSP compiler tries to open non-archive files in external directories

Jetty JSP compiler tries to open non-archive files in external directories

Eric Milles
I have had this problem for quite some time now and I thought it was finally
time to post it.  When Jetty goes to compile my JSP files, it throws the
following exception:

HTTP ERROR: 500

Unable to compile class for JSP

Generated servlet error:
error: error reading I:\Jars\Novus\Guid.dll; error in opening zip file
1 error

This is due to the non-archive files in one of my external directories.  When I
remove the files, compilation completes.  This, however, is a less-than-ideal
solution since the files reappear whenever I refresh the offending directories
from the source control repository.  Tomcat does not have this issue, so I
figured there weas something that could be done to modify Jetty to ignore these
files.

Does anyone know of an option I can set to ignore these files?  Or will this
require a code change to Jetty?

Eric M

Re: Jetty JSP compiler tries to open non-archive files in external directories

Greg Wilkins-5

Eric,

how is I:\Jars|Novus put onto the classpath?  is it just on the system classpath
before you run Jetty?

Are you adding the dll files to your classpath with a start script?

Was there any stack trace produced?

regards