Jetty Continuations for SOAP Services

Sounak
Hi,
I have been trying to use Continuations for a SOAP Service in Jetty server 8.x.But it always props up an error message in the process: "<faultcode>soap:Server</faultcode>   <faultstring>Fault occurred while processing.</faultstring>".

This is the code I have used for Continuations:
String key =  "org.apache.cxf.transport.http_jetty.continuations.JettyContinuationProvider";

JettyContinuationProvider contProvider = (JettyContinuationProvider)context.get(key);

Continuation continuation = (Continuation) contProvider.getContinuation();

Can you please tell me the correct way to implement Continuations for SOAP services?

Thanks,
Sounak

Re: Jetty Continuations for SOAP Services

Greg Wilkins
Hi Sounak,

Firstly Jetty Continuations are deprecated.  They have been replaced by the standard servlet 3.1 Async API  (see startAsync() on the request object).   So you should use that API rather than continuations - they are functionally equivalent.

It is definitely possible to do async SOAP, but it very much depends on the SOAP framework as to how it will work - also it will depend on what is the async task you are waiting for.     Give us some more details and we may be able to say more.

cheers

On 14 July 2017 at 10:37, Sounak <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
I have been trying to use Continuations for a SOAP Service in Jetty server
8.x.But it always props up an error message in the process:
"<faultcode>soap:Server</faultcode>   <faultstring>Fault occurred while
processing.</faultstring>".

This is the code I have used for Continuations:
String key =
"org.apache.cxf.transport.http_jetty.continuations.JettyContinuationProvider";

JettyContinuationProvider contProvider =
(JettyContinuationProvider)context.get(key);

Continuation continuation = (Continuation) contProvider.getContinuation();

Can you please tell me the correct way to implement Continuations for SOAP
services?

Thanks,
Sounak

Re: Jetty Continuations for SOAP Services

Sounak
Hi Greg,

I am using Apache cxf framework & Jax-ws API for my Soap service.I am basically waiting for the request to be completed after AsyncContext.setTimeout(secs) gets over,ie without any async task.

The problem is I am not using any request object in my method.I am using an Apache cxf Interceptor which then directs the request to my method for the particular Context URI. But using startAsync() would need an request object to be passed along with it.I was facing the same problem for getContinuation() as well.

How to implement Async() if I don't have any req object?

Re: Jetty Continuations for SOAP Services

Jesse McConnell
Sounds like you are operating in a layer of abstraction too removed from from Jetty for us to advise you on what you are looking to do, CXF mailing list might be more appropriate?

--
jesse mcconnell
[hidden email]