Jetty Ant plugin - update

jan_bartel
Hi Jakub,

I've started on the refactoring that we spoke about off-list to
see if we can reduce the code duplication between the maven and
ant plugins. I thought I'd bring the discussion on-list in case
others are interested in joining in.

Anyway, so the first thing I noticed was that our TagLibConfiguration
subclasses are actually no longer needed! Greg refactored the
org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.TagLibConfiguration class a while ago
and it now just works and doesn't need the classpath explicitly
set on it.

I've removed it from both the maven and ant plugins. I've tested
the maven plugin, it would be great if you could test the ant
plugin too. I'm pretty sure it should be fine, but just to
be on the safe side ...

Re: Jetty Ant plugin - update

jan_bartel
(Replying to myself ...)

I've now also refactored the org.mortbay.util.Scanner class so that it
can be used not only by the ContextDeployer, but by the maven plugin
and it should also be able to be used by the ant plugin too.

Jakub - are you able to replace the ant plugin Scanner by the
one I've refactored?

Jan Bartel wrote:

> Hi Jakub,
>
> I've started on the refactoring that we spoke about off-list to
> see if we can reduce the code duplication between the maven and
> ant plugins. I thought I'd bring the discussion on-list in case
> others are interested in joining in.
>
> Anyway, so the first thing I noticed was that our TagLibConfiguration
> subclasses are actually no longer needed! Greg refactored the
> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.TagLibConfiguration class a while ago
> and it now just works and doesn't need the classpath explicitly
> set on it.
>
> I've removed it from both the maven and ant plugins. I've tested
> the maven plugin, it would be great if you could test the ant
> plugin too. I'm pretty sure it should be fine, but just to
> be on the safe side ...
>

> cheers
> Jan

Re: Jetty Ant plugin - update

Jakub Pawlowicz-2
Jan - let me take a look at your changes to the Scanner and integrate it
with jetty-ant plugin.

I'll also test how it works with the changes you've made regarding
TagLibConfiguration.

Thanks,
Jakub

On 3/21/07 9:21 AM, "Jan Bartel" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> (Replying to myself ...)
>
> I've now also refactored the org.mortbay.util.Scanner class so that it
> can be used not only by the ContextDeployer, but by the maven plugin
> and it should also be able to be used by the ant plugin too.
>
> Jakub - are you able to replace the ant plugin Scanner by the
> one I've refactored?
>
> cheers
> Jan
>
> Jan Bartel wrote:
>> Hi Jakub,
>>
>> I've started on the refactoring that we spoke about off-list to
>> see if we can reduce the code duplication between the maven and
>> ant plugins. I thought I'd bring the discussion on-list in case
>> others are interested in joining in.
>>
>> Anyway, so the first thing I noticed was that our TagLibConfiguration
>> subclasses are actually no longer needed! Greg refactored the
>> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.TagLibConfiguration class a while ago
>> and it now just works and doesn't need the classpath explicitly
>> set on it.
>>
>> I've removed it from both the maven and ant plugins. I've tested
>> the maven plugin, it would be great if you could test the ant
>> plugin too. I'm pretty sure it should be fine, but just to
>> be on the safe side ...
>>

>> cheers
>> Jan

>> Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share your
>> opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys-and earn cash

Re: Jetty Ant plugin - update

Jakub Pawlowicz-2
(Also replying to myself...)

I've just committed a fix to jetty-ant plugin, so now it uses
org.mortbay.util.Scanner instead of the old scanner.
Cool changes by the way. It's far more usable now.

What's more, I tested ant plugin with our application, and looks like it
works fine with the recent changes regarding removing the
TabLibConfiguration class.

Thanks,
Jakub

On 3/21/07 11:04 AM, "Jakub Pawlowicz" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Jan - let me take a look at your changes to the Scanner and integrate it
> with jetty-ant plugin.
>
> I'll also test how it works with the changes you've made regarding
> TagLibConfiguration.
>
> Thanks,
> Jakub
>

> On 3/21/07 9:21 AM, "Jan Bartel" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> (Replying to myself ...)
>>
>> I've now also refactored the org.mortbay.util.Scanner class so that it
>> can be used not only by the ContextDeployer, but by the maven plugin
>> and it should also be able to be used by the ant plugin too.
>>
>> Jakub - are you able to replace the ant plugin Scanner by the
>> one I've refactored?
>>
>> cheers
>> Jan
>>
>> Jan Bartel wrote:
>>> Hi Jakub,
>>>
>>> I've started on the refactoring that we spoke about off-list to
>>> see if we can reduce the code duplication between the maven and
>>> ant plugins. I thought I'd bring the discussion on-list in case
>>> others are interested in joining in.
>>>
>>> Anyway, so the first thing I noticed was that our TagLibConfiguration
>>> subclasses are actually no longer needed! Greg refactored the
>>> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.TagLibConfiguration class a while ago
>>> and it now just works and doesn't need the classpath explicitly
>>> set on it.
>>>
>>> I've removed it from both the maven and ant plugins. I've tested
>>> the maven plugin, it would be great if you could test the ant
>>> plugin too. I'm pretty sure it should be fine, but just to
>>> be on the safe side ...
>>>

>>> cheers
>>> Jan

>>> Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of IT
>>> Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share your
>>> opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys-and earn cash
>>> http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV

Re: Jetty Ant plugin - update

jan_bartel
Excellent, thanks Jakub!

In the next couple of days, I'll move the SystemProperties out into
the org.mortaybay.util package too.

Just at the moment, I'm making annotations work with the maven plugin.
Little bit tricky, as the usage of annotations depends on the version of the
jvm ( < 1.4 they're not available). Let me know if you want any advice to
hook it up also for the ant plugin.

Jakub Pawlowicz wrote:

> (Also replying to myself...)
>
> I've just committed a fix to jetty-ant plugin, so now it uses
> org.mortbay.util.Scanner instead of the old scanner.
> Cool changes by the way. It's far more usable now.
>
> What's more, I tested ant plugin with our application, and looks like it
> works fine with the recent changes regarding removing the
> TabLibConfiguration class.
>
> Thanks,
> Jakub
>

> On 3/21/07 11:04 AM, "Jakub Pawlowicz" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Jan - let me take a look at your changes to the Scanner and integrate it
>> with jetty-ant plugin.
>>
>> I'll also test how it works with the changes you've made regarding
>> TagLibConfiguration.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jakub
>>

>> On 3/21/07 9:21 AM, "Jan Bartel" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> (Replying to myself ...)
>>>
>>> I've now also refactored the org.mortbay.util.Scanner class so that it
>>> can be used not only by the ContextDeployer, but by the maven plugin
>>> and it should also be able to be used by the ant plugin too.
>>>
>>> Jakub - are you able to replace the ant plugin Scanner by the
>>> one I've refactored?
>>>
>>> cheers
>>> Jan

Re: Jetty Ant plugin - update

Jakub Pawlowicz-2
Jan,

Just let me know about SystemProperties when you'll be ready, so I could
integrate it into ant plugin as well.

If talking about annotations, I could wait to see how you did it and then
incorporate it into ant plugin. I'm quite busy right now, so even don't have
time to look at it on my own.

Thanks,
Jakub