Jetty 6.1.5 Release

jan_bartel
Jetty Release 6.1.5 is now available via http://jetty.mortbay.org

This release is *only* available from Codehaus and the Jetty site.
See:

   http://docs.codehaus.org/display/JETTY/Downloading+and+Installing

The release includes a few minor fixes and some good improvements
and a few new features, including: RPMs, OSGi, graceful shutdown
and a new gzip filter.

The ant module jar, rpms and jboss sar are also available for
download.

jetty-6.1.5 - 19 Jul 2007
 + Fixed GzipFilter for dispatchers
 + Fixed reset of reason
 + JETTY-392 - updated LikeJettyXml example

jetty-6.1.5rc0 - 15 Jul 200
 + update terracotta session clustering to terracotta 2.4
 + SetUID option to only open connectors before setUID.
 + Protect SslSelectChannelConnector from exceptions during close
 + Improved Request log configuration options
 + Added GzipFilter and UserAgentFilter
 + make OSGi manifests for jetty jars
 + update terracotta configs for tc 2.4 stable1
 + remove call to open connectors in jetty.xml
 + update links on website
 + make jetty plus example webapps use ContextDeployer
 + Dispatch SslEngine expiry (non atomic)
 + Make SLF4JLog impl public, add mbean descriptors
 + SPR-3682 - dont hide forward attr in include.
 + Upgrade to Jasper 2.1 tag SJSAS-9_1-B50G-BETA3-27_June_2007
 + JETTY-253 - Improved graceful shutdown
 + JETTY-373 - Stop all dependent lifecycles
 + JETTY-374 - HttpTesters handles large requests/responses
 + JETTY-375 - IllegalStateException when committed.
 + JETTY-376 - allow spaces in reason string
 + JETTY-377 - allow sessions to be wrapped with AbstractSesssionManager.SessionIf
 + JETTY-378 - handle JVMs with non ISO/UTF default encodings
 + JETTY-380 - handle pipelines of more than 4 requests!
 + JETTY-385 - EncodeURL for new sessions from dispatch
 + JETTY-386 - Allow // in file resources

some questions about JETTY

Jason Liu-2

Hi guys,

I am blocked by a few issues. I will be appreciated if you guys know can answer those issues. Detail is as follows:

My JETTY version is JETTY4225. My questions are:

(1)   if http client sends HTTP1.0 request with keep-alive, does JETTY support persistent connection for HTTP1.0? I do not know why JETTY4225 does not support it. Any version supports keep-alive of HTTP1.0?

(2)   if http client sends HTTP1.1 request , can JETTY send back response without chunked encoding ?

[...]

Still grepping through log files to find problems?  Stop.

Download your FREE copy of Splunk now >>  http://get.splunk.com/

Re: Jetty 6.1.5 Release

Shef
Jan Bartel wrote:
> Jetty Release 6.1.5 is now available via http://jetty.mortbay.org

I posted bugs #394 and #395 a week ago, and it looks like they're still
unassigned. Any chance you could take a look at them?

In the future, should I notify anybody that a new bug has been added?

Re: Jetty 6.1.5 Release

Jan Bartel
Chris,

I appreciate that you've got some issues you'd like to see fixed asap.
However, you have to remember that Jetty is an open source project. We
willingly give our time to the project - and some of us have done so for
close to 10 years now - but you have to remember that we still have
to earn money to eat, pay mortgages etc and have a life.

A week is not a long time in open source. Someone (ie me) did glance at the
issues you raised long enough to ascertain that these issues were not
blockers and therefore would not impede release 6.1.5, however, as an
open source project we cannot guarantee turn-around times of bugs. We
do make a very big effort to jump onto serious bugs as soon as possible,
and I think if you look back at the history in these lists there's a
ton of evidence for that.

So, if you have a business imperative and an open-source timescale doesn't
work for you, then please come and talk to Webtide where with a commercial
relationship in place, we can afford to provide the resources to make
Jetty's timescale align more closely with your own.

best regards
Jan

--
Jan Bartel, Webtide LLC | [hidden email] | http://www.webtide.com