Jetty 6.0

Tim Vernum
Greg,

I'm not sure how/if you want to receive bug reports on Jetty 6.0 - it
know it's not done yet - but I've got a couple so here goes.

* In 6.0 alpha1, it doesn't appear that the queryString is ever set on
the request (except requests that are forwarded internally)
   I would expect a call to _request.setQueryString() inside
HttpConnection.RequestHandler.startRequest, but there isn't one.

I tried to see if this was fixed on HEAD, but ran into new issues

* [MINOR] build.xml doesn't create "webapps/test/WEB-INF/classes", so
cvs checkout ; ant fails.

* [MINOR] In SecurityHandler, line 144, there's a missing "else", so
BASIC authentication always generates an "Unknown authentication type"
message

* Running java -jar start.jar etc/jetty.xml causes a stack overflow
error, which I traced to SecurityHandler.doStart() calling
super.start() (which then calls 'doStart' ...)
   Perhaps AbstractLifeCycle.start() should raise an error if it's
already in "STARTING" state ?

The architecture for jetty 6 is looking pretty good, it was much easier
to get my head around that 5.

--
Tim Vernum
mailto:tim (at) adjective (dot) org

Re: Jetty 6.0

Greg Wilkins-5

Tim,

Thanks very much for the bug reports - they are very much welcome.

I just recently threw the security stuff into head with a mechanical
port, but had yet to test it.  will do this weekend and will get onto
those issues that you have indicated.

I have already fixed the stack overflow, but had not check that in... will
do shortly.

cheers