Jetty 5.1.3 and JDK1.5

shhuang
Jetty 5.1.3 needs JDK1.5 library tools.jar to compile JSP,
by default Jetty use com.sun.tools.javac.Main to compile JSP.
if we just install JRE1.5, then we will get the error message:
Unable to find a javac compiler.
This is because JRE1.5 doesn't have the tools.jar file.
is it correct?

Re: Jetty 5.1.3 and JDK1.5

Greg Wilkins-5
shhuang wrote:
> Jetty 5.1.3 needs JDK1.5 library tools.jar to compile JSP,
> by default Jetty use com.sun.tools.javac.Main to compile JSP.
> if we just install JRE1.5, then we will get the error message:
> Unable to find a javac compiler.
> This is because JRE1.5 doesn't have the tools.jar file.
> is it correct?

this is correct.

The best solution is to precompile your JSPs for production.