Java Out Of Memory Error

Tony Seebregts
Hi,

I know this is revisiting the ark :-) - but on Jetty 5.1.10 we're
getting a JVM out of memory error and profiling seems to indicate that
the HashMap in _chainCache in WebApplicationHandler is retaining data.

Is there anyway to forcibly clear/flush the cache ?

regards

Tony Seebregts

Re: Java Out Of Memory Error

Greg Wilkins-5
Tony Seebregts wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know this is revisiting the ark :-) - but on Jetty 5.1.10 we're
> getting a JVM out of memory error and profiling seems to indicate that
> the HashMap in _chainCache in WebApplicationHandler is retaining data.
>
> Is there anyway to forcibly clear/flush the cache ?

Currently no.....

but I will look at adding this.

However, I'd like to understand how this is filling up.
Do you have a large (infinite) number of different URLs for the system?

If so, having a chain cache is probably of little use for
you and it might be simplest just to disable the cache.

Other than that, the cache could be flushed after N request
or when it reaches a particlar size.

Re: Re: Java Out Of Memory Error

Tony Seebregts
Hi Greg,

Apologies for late response - been away.

Yeah - eventually realised that while the initial system design required
different URL's for every item, by changing that (using a header
parameter instead) I could avoid the problem entirely. So, the 'retained
data' issue is still there I guess but it doesn't seem to be real problem.

regards

Tony