JMX Demo

Peter Haig
G'day,

I just downloaded 5.1.3 and attempted to run the JMX demo as per the start instructions..

java -Dmain.class=org.mortbay.xml.XmlConfiguration -jar start.jar etc/jetty-jmx.xml

I get a class not found error for org.mortbay.util.jmx.MX4JHttpAdaptor.

I have placed the jetty lib on my classpath and the jar org.mortbay.jmx.jar is in that directory.  A listing of the JAR shows the above class is in this jar.

I'm sure the answer is obvious, but I'm just not seeing it. Note.. I am using 1.5 (5.0), but I see from other posts this should be fine.

Best Rgds, Peter H.

17:14:03.870 INFO   [main] org.mortbay.log.LogImpl.add(LogImpl.java:109) >15> added [hidden email]
17:14:03.835 INFO   [main] org.mortbay.util.FileResource.<clinit>(FileResource.java:60) >10> Checking Resource aliases
17:14:04.671 WARN!! [main] org.mortbay.xml.XmlConfiguration.main(XmlConfiguration.java:879) >08> EXCEPTION
        at org.mortbay.xml.XmlConfiguration.call(XmlConfiguration.java:535)
        at org.mortbay.xml.XmlConfiguration.configure(XmlConfiguration.java:235)
        at org.mortbay.xml.XmlConfiguration.call(XmlConfiguration.java:549)
        at org.mortbay.xml.XmlConfiguration.configure(XmlConfiguration.java:235)
        at org.mortbay.xml.XmlConfiguration.newInstance(XmlConfiguration.java:198)
        at org.mortbay.xml.XmlConfiguration.main(XmlConfiguration.java:875)
        at org.mortbay.start.Main.invokeMain(Main.java:151)
        at org.mortbay.start.Main.start(Main.java:476)
        at org.mortbay.start.Main.main(Main.java:94)
Caused by: javax.management.ReflectionException: The MBean class could not be loaded by the default loader repository
        at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MBeanInstantiatorImpl.findClassWithDefaultLoaderRepository(MBeanInstantiatorImpl.java:61)
        at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.createMBean(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:271)
        at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.createMBean(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:211)
        at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.createMBean(JmxMBeanServer.java:408)
        ... 17 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.mortbay.util.jmx.MX4JHttpAdaptor
        at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.ClassLoaderRepositorySupport.loadClass(ClassLoaderRepositorySupport.java:208)
        at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.ClassLoaderRepositorySupport.loadClass(ClassLoaderRepositorySupport.java:128)
        at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MBeanInstantiatorImpl.findClassWithDefaultLoaderRepository(MBeanInstantiatorImpl.java:58)
        ... 20 more

Re: JMX Demo

jan_bartel
Peter,

Try (all on one line):

java
-Djavax.management.builder.initial=mx4j.server.MX4JMBeanServerBuilder
-Dmain.class=org.mortbay.xml.XmlConfiguration -jar start.jar
etc/demo-jmx.xml

I'll look at adding something to the start.jar config to do this
automatically for the next release.

Thanks for pointing this out.

cheers,
Jan

Peter Haig wrote:

> [...]
> com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.createMBean(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:271)
>         at
> com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.createMBean(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:211)
>         at
> com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.createMBean(JmxMBeanServer.java:408)
>         ... 17 more
> org.mortbay.util.jmx.MX4JHttpAdaptor
>         at
> com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.ClassLoaderRepositorySupport.loadClass(ClassLoaderRepositorySupport.java:208)
>         at
> com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.ClassLoaderRepositorySupport.loadClass(ClassLoaderRepositorySupport.java:128)
>         at
> com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MBeanInstantiatorImpl.findClassWithDefaultLoaderRepository(MBeanInstantiatorImpl.java:58)

Re: Re: JMX Demo

Peter Haig
Thanks Jan,

That worked