Is there a was to determine when all Webapps have been initialized?

Is there a was to determine when all Webapps have been initialized?

Michael Margozzi
Message
I need a way to determine when Jetty has initialized all the webapps.
It is NOT obvious to me how this is accomplished. Any help is appreciated.

Mike Margozzi

Re: Is there a was to determine when all Webapps have been initialized?

Greg Wilkins-5
Michael Margozzi wrote:
> I need a way to determine when Jetty has initialized all the webapps.
> It is NOT obvious to me how this is accomplished. Any help is appreciated.

When the Server.start() method returns.

RE: Re: Is there a was to determine when all Webapps have been initialized?

Michael Margozzi
I am starting Jetty with java -jar start.jar

I was hoping for some other API method that would tell me
if all my WebApps were up and running. Actually it would be
nice if there was a way to enumerate what webapps were
running under Jetty and what was there state.

Anyway, given that I do not instantiate a Server object,
is there some way to determine when all the webapps are up and running?

> I need a way to determine when Jetty has initialized all the webapps.
> It is NOT obvious to me how this is accomplished. Any help is
> appreciated.

When the Server.start() method returns.

Re: Is there a was to determine when all Webapps have been initialized?

Greg Wilkins-5
Mmmmm...

tell who that all webapps are up and running?

Any code is free to get the contexts from the server and
to call isStarted() on them.

Every context has it's own event mechanism that tells you when it
has been initialized (and it could register with some common static
resource and it could take action when everybody has registered).

Or you could just extend Server and modify the start.config to
run your own Server instance and you'd know that way.

cheers