Intellij IDEA

Greg Wilkins-5

I thought I'd give the IDEA IDE a spin with Jetty.   It was all looking pretty
good and simple until I came to a running a JSP.

Jasper of course needs JAVA_HOME set, and I can't find a way in IDEA 5 to set an
environment variable.   I have this set before I run IDEA, but it is masking it
when it runs Jetty.

anybody else got past this?

RE: Intellij IDEA

Patrick Lightbody-2
Greg, I have done this. In fact, WebWork 2.2 Beta 1 (released last
night) ships with Jetty. See these two classes:

http://fisheye.cenqua.com/java.net/viewrep/webwork/launcher/src/java/Mai
n.java?r=1.8

http://fisheye.cenqua.com/java.net/viewrep/webwork/src/java/com/opensymp
hony/webwork/Prototype.java?r=1.7

Basically, the code to look for is the classloading stuff with
tools.jar.

Patrick

_________________
Patrick Lightbody
Professional Services
Jive Software
[hidden email]
www.jivesoftware.com
317 SW Alder, Ste 500
Portland, OR 97204
ph (503) 295-6552
fx (503) 961-1047

I thought I'd give the IDEA IDE a spin with Jetty.   It was all looking
pretty
good and simple until I came to a running a JSP.

Jasper of course needs JAVA_HOME set, and I can't find a way in IDEA 5
to set an
environment variable.   I have this set before I run IDEA, but it is
masking it
when it runs Jetty.

anybody else got past this?

September 19-22, 2005 * San Francisco, CA * Development Lifecycle
Practices
Agile & Plan-Driven Development * Managing Projects & Teams * Testing &
QA
Security * Process Improvement & Measurement *
http://www.sqe.com/bsce5sf

RE: Intellij IDEA

Ibrahim Salem
I'm using jetty embedded in my application, I was wondering how to debug a
JSP page !! I had to run the application deployed on another servlet engine
(tomcat) to be able to debug JSP using the server connector of Intellij.

RE: Intellij IDEA

Patrick Lightbody-2
JSP debugging will require that a plugin is created. Anyone up for it?

_________________
Patrick Lightbody
Professional Services
Jive Software
[hidden email]
www.jivesoftware.com
317 SW Alder, Ste 500
Portland, OR 97204
ph (503) 295-6552
fx (503) 961-1047

[Off-topic] Re: Intellij IDEA

Eric Rizzo
On 8/30/05, Patrick Lightbody <[hidden email]> wrote:
> JSP debugging will require that a plugin is created. Anyone up for it?

Just switch to Eclipse - it's already provided in their WTP extension.

<ducks to avoid IDE flames>
;-)

Eric