Has anyone encountered the following with jetty-6.0.0beta9

Has anyone encountered the following with jetty-6.0.0beta9

Tarang Patel

I downloaded and installed this, and then edited the
file etc\jetty.xml to configure the ports that I want
use (as the deafult ports are used by my Tomcat
installation).

I start jetty as follows:

java -Djetty.port=6080 -jar start.jar etc/jetty.xml

0 [main] INFO org.mortbay.log - Logging to
org.slf4j.impl.SimpleLogger@8813f2 vi
a org.mortbay.log.Slf4jLog
922 [main] WARN org.mortbay.log - HttpAdaptor for mx4j
is not secure
HttpAdaptor version 2.1.1 started on port 6082
3313 [main] INFO org.mortbay.log - Started
SocketConnector @ 0.0.0.0:6081
3344 [main] INFO org.mortbay.log - Started
BlockingChannelConnector @ 0.0.0.0:60
80
4438 [main] INFO org.mortbay.log - Started
SslSocketConnector @ 0.0.0.0:6443

 However when I go to my browser and request

 http://localhost:6080/

I get a dialog stating:

 The connection was refused when attempting to contact
localhost:6080

 I see the same with https://localhost:6443/

 However I do get to the MX4J console with
 http://localhost:6082/

 So do I need to add an "http listener" configuration.
Is the ready defined "connectors" not sufficient to
get basic http service up.

 Appreciate any help as I've followed the
documentation on How to get started but clearly its
isn't working for me.

   Tarang

Re: Has anyone encountered the following with jetty-6.0.0beta9

Nigel Canonizado
Hi Tarang,

If  you have already edited the etc/jetty.xml file to listen on port 6080,
6081, then you can just start jetty through this command : java -jar
start.jar. And that should work without any problem.

Regards,

Nigel

> I downloaded and installed this, and then edited the
> file etc\jetty.xml to configure the ports that I want
> use (as the deafult ports are used by my Tomcat
> installation).
>
> I start jetty as follows:
>
> java -Djetty.port=6080 -jar start.jar etc/jetty.xml
>
> 0 [main] INFO org.mortbay.log - Logging to
> org.slf4j.impl.SimpleLogger@8813f2 vi
> a org.mortbay.log.Slf4jLog
> 922 [main] WARN org.mortbay.log - HttpAdaptor for mx4j
> is not secure
> HttpAdaptor version 2.1.1 started on port 6082
> 3313 [main] INFO org.mortbay.log - Started
> SocketConnector @ 0.0.0.0:6081
> 3344 [main] INFO org.mortbay.log - Started
> BlockingChannelConnector @ 0.0.0.0:60
> 80
> 4438 [main] INFO org.mortbay.log - Started
> SslSocketConnector @ 0.0.0.0:6443
>

> However when I go to my browser and request
>
> http://localhost:6080/
>
> I get a dialog stating:
>
> The connection was refused when attempting to contact
> localhost:6080
>
> I see the same with https://localhost:6443/
>
> However I do get to the MX4J console with
> http://localhost:6082/
>
> So do I need to add an "http listener" configuration.
> Is the ready defined "connectors" not sufficient to
> get basic http service up.
>
> Appreciate any help as I've followed the
> documentation on How to get started but clearly its
> isn't working for me.
>
>   Tarang

> language
> webcast
> territory!

Re: Has anyone encountered the following with jetty-6.0.0beta9

Tarang Patel

Nigel,

>If  you have already edited the etc/jetty.xml file to
>listen on port 6080, 6081, then you can just start
>jetty through this command : java -jar
>start.jar. And that should work without any problem.

 Let me clarify, if it wasn't clear.

 However when I go to my browser and request

  http://localhost:6080/

 I get a dialog stating:

  The connection was refused when attempting to
 contact> localhost:6080

 In a nut shell it doesn't.

 Tarang
--- Tarang Patel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I downloaded and installed this, and then edited the
> file etc\jetty.xml to configure the ports that I
> want
> use (as the deafult ports are used by my Tomcat
> installation).
>
> I start jetty as follows:
>
> java -Djetty.port=6080 -jar start.jar etc/jetty.xml
>
> 0 [main] INFO org.mortbay.log - Logging to
> org.slf4j.impl.SimpleLogger@8813f2 vi
> a org.mortbay.log.Slf4jLog
> 922 [main] WARN org.mortbay.log - HttpAdaptor for
> mx4j
> is not secure
> HttpAdaptor version 2.1.1 started on port 6082
> 3313 [main] INFO org.mortbay.log - Started
> SocketConnector @ 0.0.0.0:6081
> 3344 [main] INFO org.mortbay.log - Started
> BlockingChannelConnector @ 0.0.0.0:60
> 80
> 4438 [main] INFO org.mortbay.log - Started
> SslSocketConnector @ 0.0.0.0:6443
>

>  However when I go to my browser and request
>
>  http://localhost:6080/
>
> I get a dialog stating:
>
>  The connection was refused when attempting to
> contact
> localhost:6080
>
>  I see the same with https://localhost:6443/
>
>  However I do get to the MX4J console with
>  http://localhost:6082/
>
>  So do I need to add an "http listener"
> configuration.
> Is the ready defined "connectors" not sufficient to
> get basic http service up.
>
>  Appreciate any help as I've followed the
> documentation on How to get started but clearly its
> isn't working for me.
>
>    Tarang

> Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam
> protection around
> http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Re: Has anyone encountered the following with jetty-6.0.0beta9

Nigel Canonizado
Tarang,

Is there any exception that occured  when you tried to access the said url

Nigel

>>If  you have already edited the etc/jetty.xml file to
>>listen on port 6080, 6081, then you can just start
>>jetty through this command : java -jar
>>start.jar. And that should work without any problem.
>
> Let me clarify, if it wasn't clear.
>
> However when I go to my browser and request
>
>  http://localhost:6080/
>
> I get a dialog stating:
>
>  The connection was refused when attempting to
> contact> localhost:6080
>
> In a nut shell it doesn't.
>
> Tarang
> --- Tarang Patel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> I downloaded and installed this, and then edited the
>> file etc\jetty.xml to configure the ports that I
>> want
>> use (as the deafult ports are used by my Tomcat
>> installation).
>>
>> I start jetty as follows:
>>
>> java -Djetty.port=6080 -jar start.jar etc/jetty.xml
>>
>> 0 [main] INFO org.mortbay.log - Logging to
>> org.slf4j.impl.SimpleLogger@8813f2 vi
>> a org.mortbay.log.Slf4jLog
>> 922 [main] WARN org.mortbay.log - HttpAdaptor for
>> mx4j
>> is not secure
>> HttpAdaptor version 2.1.1 started on port 6082
>> 3313 [main] INFO org.mortbay.log - Started
>> SocketConnector @ 0.0.0.0:6081
>> 3344 [main] INFO org.mortbay.log - Started
>> BlockingChannelConnector @ 0.0.0.0:60
>> 80
>> 4438 [main] INFO org.mortbay.log - Started
>> SslSocketConnector @ 0.0.0.0:6443
>>

>>  However when I go to my browser and request
>>
>>  http://localhost:6080/
>>
>> I get a dialog stating:
>>
>>  The connection was refused when attempting to
>> contact
>> localhost:6080
>>
>>  I see the same with https://localhost:6443/
>>
>>  However I do get to the MX4J console with
>>  http://localhost:6082/
>>
>>  So do I need to add an "http listener"
>> configuration.
>> Is the ready defined "connectors" not sufficient to
>> get basic http service up.
>>
>>  Appreciate any help as I've followed the
>> documentation on How to get started but clearly its
>> isn't working for me.
>>
>>    Tarang

>> Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam
>> protection around
>> http://mail.yahoo.com

> language
> webcast
> territory!

Re: Has anyone encountered the following with jetty-6.0.0beta9

Tarang,

Can you try a different connector type (other than BlockingChannelConnector)
on 6080?    Can you try a SocketConnector or a SelectChannelConnector.

Also the -Djetty.port=6080 will only work if you configure the port as

   <Set name=port><SystemProperty name="jetty.port" default="8080"/></Set>

regards