Expiry Headers

racketeer
Hi all,
I'm trying to set the expires entity-header field in static content http headers. I see the cacheControl bit which can be set through webdefaults.xml. Is there a parameter for expiry as well? Thanks in advance.

Re: Expiry Headers

Jan Bartel-3
You can use the max-age on the cacheControl to control expiry.
Alternatively, you'd need to make a small filter to set the expires
header.

Jan

On 2 May 2012 20:27, Justin Phillips <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm trying to set the expires entity-header field in static content http
> headers. I see the cacheControl bit which can be set through
> webdefaults.xml. Is there a parameter for expiry as well? Thanks in advance.

Re: Expiry Headers

racketeer
Yes, I've seen the documentation on max-age. I do want to set up the expiry header. I'm using scala/lift with sbt and I found this http://www.vineetmanohar.com/2010/10/java-expiry-date-header/
but it doesn't seem to be setting the headers correctly (I inspected in chrome and firebug)
Anyone have a filter hanging around for this purpose?
Thanks