Dependencies of Jetty 5.x

Kristian Nordal
Hi,

Could someone post a list of the dependencies (with version numbers)
they use when running Jetty 5.x embedded?

Kristian

Re: Dependencies of Jetty 5.x

Greg Wilkins-5

Kristian,

Jetty has few hard dependencies.  We try to follow standards and thus implementations
of parsers, JMX, JSP etc. may be switched by the user.

It needs a good XML parser and thus we bundle a non-ancient version of xerces, but others
can be used and you should be able to turn of validation and use crimson (bundled with the JVM).

It does need a version of commons logging, but any non-ancient version will do (say >= 1.0.3)

It uses jasper, but only if you want JSP.  You can use the version of Jasper to suit your JSP needs
but we bundle the 4.1.31 version.

We use mx4j, but only if you use JMX and then you should be able to replace that with any
compliant JMX implementation.

regards