Confiigure JVM setting in Jetty standalone server

Confiigure JVM setting in Jetty standalone server

Rohit Reddy

I'm trying to install a standalone jetty 7.6.3 server in CENTOS. I was able successfully deploy and run a sample application with default settings. Now i want to increase the JVM memory, that is set the Xmx and Xms parameters. After reading through the documentation i have set them in start.ini file. But this is not getting reflected when i start the server. I have tried using --exec parameter in start.ini, but this spawns a separate VM.

I'm using java -jar start.jar to start the server

How do i configure the JVM memory GC setting in a jetty standalone server

Thanks

Rohit

Re: Confiigure JVM setting in Jetty standalone server

Thomas Becker
Hi Rohit,

if you start jetty by using "java -jar start.jar" you're already using
a java commandline and thus you can specify any java commandline arg
you like. For example: "java -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -jar start.jar".

Cheers,
Thomas

--
thomas becker