Configuring Jetty 5.0 to provide Apache Axis SOAP service

Configuring Jetty 5.0 to provide Apache Axis SOAP service

Tom-114
Hi everybody,

Been trying all day and have finally decided to ask for some help and this looks
like the best place to get it!

I am trying to get my Jetty 5 server to provide a SOAP service, namely Axis.
This is the only thing i want my server to do and i can't make it happen, very
fustrating.

I setup a very simple basic server and use

addWebService("soap", "/soap/", "$Jettyhome/webapps/soap.war");

i've placed activation.jar and mail.jar into jettys libs (been told these are
required) and then go to run and i get a mass of SAXXmlParser errors, loads of
em. The server starts fine without that line, quite happy to supply boring pages.

Can someone please help, even jst a pointer to a clear example would be very
much appreciated as most seem to just talk around the subject without any actual
substance.

Thank you all for your time and hopefully some of your efforts as well!

Cheers

Tom

Programmatically setting security constraints

Tony Seebregts
Hi,

I'm trying to set a 'forbidden' security constraint programmatically:

SecurityConstraint forbidden = new SecurityConstraint();

forbidden.setAuthenticate(true);

context.setContextPath       ("/");
context.setResourceBase      ("./webapps/default");
context.addHandler           (new ResourceHandler());
context.addSecurityConstraint("/*",nobody);

But ... it doesn't work and I can't figure out why.

Regards

Tony Seebregts

Re: Programmatically setting security constraints

Greg Wilkins-5
Tony, I think you will find your problem is due to a handler ordering issue!

You have to make sure that there is a SecurityHandler added to the context BEFORE
the ResourceHandler!!!  Otherwise the ResourceHandler will handle the request before
the SecurityHandler deals with it.

cheers