Chinese characters in the URL

Xiao-fei.Song

Hi all,

I need to handle the chinese characters directly in the URL. As I debug Jetty, I found even I call request.setCharacterEncoding("GBK") or turn org.mortbay.util.URI.charset to GBK, while in jetty, this won't work because the code seems to indicate only when the url is encoded to %HH the character encoding setting takes effect. IE and Mozilla&Firefox behave different in this case in that firefox encodes the Chinese character in the url to %HH before sending them out while IE does not do that, so firefox works well with Jetty.
On the other hand, tomcat 5.5 works with both IE and firefox after setting URIEncoding="GBK" in server.xml.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Xiaofei

Re: Chinese characters in the URL

Xiao-fei.Song

Hi,

Anybody gives me a reponse on that? I mean can we make any changes on jetty to support multibyte characters on the URL like Chinese and Japanese? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Regards,
Xiaofei

[hidden email]
Sent by: [hidden email]

11/15/2005 05:40 PM

Please respond to

cc
Subject
[Jetty-support] Chinese characters in the URL