Adding npn-boot to the bootclasspath using Maven

Adding npn-boot to the bootclasspath using Maven

Nicholas Lun
Hi all,

I'm trying to use SPDY in Jetty 9 and I understand that I am supposed to add npn-boot to the bootclasspath when I start the server like this: java -Xbootclasspath/p:<path_to_npn_boot_jar>

However, I'm trying to do this in a maven project and cannot for the life of me figure out how to specify this using the exec-maven-plugin. Does anybody have experience running embedded jetty inside a maven project that uses SPDY?

Regards,
Nick

Re: [jetty-users] Adding npn-boot to the bootclasspath using Maven

Joakim Erdfelt-9
The key is that Xbootclasspath can only be set on JVM startup.  It cannot be set after the JVM is initialized.
So your exec-maven-plugin configuration must use "exec:exec", not "exec:java".
Which means you'll have to find the jvm binary for the <executable> and your <arguments> have to include the -Xbootclasspath you need to execute.
Also, don't forget that the the npn jar is JVM dependant, so you'll likely want to configure the appropriate npn version based on your JVM.

--
Joakim Erdfelt <[hidden email]>
Expert advice, services and support from from the Jetty & CometD experts